Saturday, June 14, 2008

We have been in Jax, FL for about 9 days now. It has been a walk down memory lane for me. I have been able to visit some old friends and make new memories with my girls at the same time. I went to my friend Annette's house last week. I had not seen her in a very long time. She had last seen Shelby when she was a baby and had never seen Emma. We then went to Janice's house to play and swim. Normally we see her and her kids each visit. But with holidays, vacations overlapping and work, we have missed them for about a year. So it was nice to visit and play like old times. Shelby caught a tree frog there and Janice so graciously told us where to buy a "house". Pics coming soon of Freddy the Frog. Marty is my girlfriend from college, who I eat lunch with in Callahan every other visit or so. We met her and her husband, Neal, for lunch again but this time drove out to Hilliard to see their new house. We stayed and played until that evening. If she e-mails me the pics, I will be able to share with you Emma & Shelby's first close up encounter with a baby deer, Bambi as they named her. Bam-Bam as Emma said. As always, I have spent time with Mary Kay. We have shopped, gone to the beach, and went in her pool. I also got my haircut by Hope, my favorite hair dresser!!! I love it! Shane may be going to Detroit again Tues so we may stay another week. That's the great thing about summer and staying at home with your kids, no worries, just fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are having a great time!!!! We miss you guys!

Mary Kay said...

You forgot, we even managed to get in a couple of nights without our girls and a movie and dinner. Yeah!! I miss you already. MK