Thursday, June 19, 2008

Visiting Friends in Hilliard, FL



One of my dearest and most missed friends from Florida is Marty. I went to college with her as part of a cohort group. So, needless to say, we were in the same classes at UNF and became very close friends. When I went to say good-bye to her before moving to Atlanta, she was pregnant with Mason(the little boy with Emma). We cried and hugged and cried some more as I drove off. I try to visit with her when in Jacksonville, but find it difficult with conflicting schedules. So this visit was very special to me. We had grabbed lunch here and there. But our kids had not played together since Shelby was much younger. She has no recollection of meeting baby Mason b/c she was just 15 months older. So to have seen them taking off and trying to pop wheelies on bikes, climb the treehouse ladder, and come in dirty and sweaty was a treat. They had a ball. Shelby requested several times to call Marty to see if Mason could play again. I guess that'll be one of those special memories for her now that she is old enough to rememebr times like these. Marty also has Caroline, who she was pregnant with in my wedding, & Grant, who is unbelievably 9. They are all so special to me and I miss seeing her. By the way, yes that is Emma with a baby deer. You probably cannot read the story on the layout, so here's a short version. Marty's family found this baby deer caught in a fence. They are taking care of it by feeding it bottles at night and letting it roam free during the day. When it gets mature enough, they will let him go. He just happened to walk up while we were playing outside. So Shelby & Emma had a special encounter with one of God's sweetest creations. Of course, once full grown, they would never be able to interact so sweetly. This was an unforgettable experience. (Shelby's layout coming soon.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet reunion and I LOVE your layout of course. It will probably be a while before I scrapbook due to the move. We hope to move the weekend of the fourth!!! Love you!