Monday, June 16, 2008

Emma Language


I love to journal after scrapbooking a page. Tonight I sat and thought about Emma's haircut she got in April. After creating her layout, I started to type. I want to capture those special moments in my girls' books that you tend to forget as time goes by. So I typed our typical conversation about haircuts. Emma seems to talk about things by stating the obvious and them forming it into a question, kinda like this: Mommy: Emma, did you get a haircut? Emma: Carecut Mommy. Mommy: I like your haircut. Emma: Carecut Mommy? Mommy: No, just Emma haircut. I love that as I type I can hear her little voice in my head. I know over time I will forget how that voice sounds as it changes, Shelby's has. And she will eventually talk with a more mature vocabulary. But for now, I will enjoy her statements turning into questions for as long as I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet!!! The picture of Emma is so precious. I love your layout and the idea of journaling the conversation. Hope you have a scrapping great day!!