Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We did it!

Does anyone have a cure for Farmer's Tan? That's exactly what many of us suffered from after spending hours in the sun during the Fundraiser Garage Sale. Thursday we delivered most of the items to the site and Friday we set up the areas. I honestly looked at all of the stuff and felt so overwhelmed at various times during the day. It was a lot to sort through with little help. Thank you Leigh Ann, Emma & Noah's MMO teacher, for working so many hours to sort and sell. Thank you to Jen's Aunt Liz for sorting & sweating for hours. At one point it was Jen and myself until Sarah came to help. Thank you Sarah! So you can see the old saying of many hands make light work did not hold much water for us. We needed many hands but were extremely thankful for the few we had. Saturday was a different story! We had volunteers who put in so many hours. You never know who may be touched to help at an event like this. Thank you to Ramone(Atl Bread Co) and Tim for working the entire day. They also put together Kraft baskets(full of food products from Kraft) for the raffle. Judy, a parent from our soccer team, worked all day as well. She did not even know the Nails family but chose to take the day to support the sale. Thank you Judy! Many of our friends from 4Points Church came out to help. It's unbelievable that I have only known these people for a couple of months, but yet they supported this event more than anybody else. I love you guys! Denise(Chili's) showed up to help as well and had only met me one time. She had never met Jennifer and Jason until Saturday but gave of her day to help. Thank you! She is having heart surgery today so please pray for her. What a blessing to meet people like our new friends who helped with the sale. Instead of looking at his event and shrugging my shoulders to those who may have not helped, I choose to glorify God and say thank you to those who came out and put in the hours to make this work. I know I made some new friends through this and possibly have opened doors for some to come to 4Points Church. That would be an amazing thing. My good and faithful friend Carol came to help. My thankfulness for her comes from her watching my 2 children during this event. We worked so late Thursday so she helped with baths and pjs. Friday night they just spent the night with her. Sat. morning they stayed with her mom. Thank you Carol for being such a loyal friend! Trish came out and helped a lot as well. I truly appreciate her help. After all of the sweat and hours of work we pulled in $3,150.00! That is enough to pay for Mia's shell for her eye. Wow! To stand back and see the people, shoppers, and bags of items going home to new owners all for a wonderful cause made me cry at one point Saturday. It all came together. Thank you to everyone involved for jumping on board!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bev,

Congratulations!!! I am so happy it went to well and applaud you for the effortless work you put forth to make it happen!!! You are the loyal friend and God will bless you greatly- that is definitely my prayer for you!!! I hope you have a great day!!! I loved watching the slideshow too.

Love Shay

Jennifer said...

Thank you Bevy Cupcake!!!!! Your the best!!

Love,
Mia and Noah