Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Girls

As I sit here and think today, I am reminded about how God makes no mistakes. He has given to Shane and me two girls who are so unique. On one hand I have an athletic go getter who would rather sweat than do school work. And on the other hand I have a girly girl who loves to sit and "read" or pretend she is singing her latest hit song. My girls are so precious. Last night I just stared at Shelby while she slept and got goose bumps. I looked at her and saw a girl who has grown by leaps and bounds (can't keep her foot in a shoe for longer than 2 months it seems). I thought back to the midwife placing her bare bottom on my chest right after her birth. Then I looked at how much she has grown and wondered what plans God has for her life. She is so full of energy and drive, which can be interpetted as stubborness or tenacity. Either way you look at it, she is her unique self. I love her for that! Then we have a dainty child who I never had a chance to hold at birth, but love just as much as if I had given birth to her. She is just the opposite of Shelby, which makes life fun. I get to watch a future ballerina sing her favorite songs while toting a purse on her arm and checking to see if her pigtails look good in the mirror. God obviously brought her to us for a special reason. It will be amazing to witness her life unfold. There are times when I question my sanity when I just cannot seem to figure out Shelby's frustration or understand what Emma is trying to communicate. Then I reconfigure and realize God has blessed me to be a mom to these two girls for their lifetimes; and, although it may have it's ups and downs, I am committed. I love my girls just as my mom loves me, overlooking their broken gates in their gardens of life and embracing them for who they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girls so precious!!! I love what you wrote about yours. I can tell it was a heart moment. I had the same experience this week. EK was dressed in her ballet costume for pictures and her back was to me. Her little back took my breath away- God is so great! Savannah is home this week so it had been a great week.

Anonymous said...

Blog looks great! like the header....helen