Thursday, March 20, 2008

Haircuts

Okay, so when I say Emma is a girly girl, I have proof! Yesterday I took Shelby and Emma to get their haircuts by David, the guy who cut mine a few weeks ago. Shelby went first so Emma could watch. She did great and commented that David was much faster than Mommy (I usually cut their hair.) He asked if Emma would cooperate for her hair to be washed. I said we could try it. Did she ever! She became drowsy as her eyes drooped and glazed over. Where's that tub around bedtime? Anyway, he said she was the best 2 year old he has ever cut. He could not believe how she just sat and let him do his thing. It was a moment when I wished I had my camera. To see her little bitty head sitting atop that black drape was so funny. David also said that her head had to be the smallest he has ever washed. As she got her hair cut, Shelby played with her little cars amongst all of the fallen hair from Emma. Do I have two girls who are on the opposite ends of girlhood or what? Shelby looked once at her hair in the mirror and said it looked good, ran off to play cars, and never gave it a second thought. Emma got down from the chair after staring at herself in the mirror, stood in front of the mirror and stared more while smiling, and swung her new bob side to side. As we were entering the restaurant to eat dinner, she told everyone who would listen, "carecut", (Emma translation-haircut). Obviously, Emma loves to be pampered and Shelby likes speed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I love their haircuts!!! Emma's bob is adorable! I love all the pictures. I really like the new look of your blog too!!! Great job.