Friday, January 25, 2008

Shelby's Love for Little Cars

When I was a little girl, I trailed behind my brother playing with his little cars every time he got them out. There were even times I'd sneak the cars and play all by myself. I had a favorite that he often let me have while playing together. I can still picture it but no longer remember the name. Growing up we had shag carpet. So forming roads for the cars to drive along was actually quite simple. Without any knowledge of my love for little cars, Shelby has developed her own. She fell in love with the movie "Cars" and has since had a great interest in little cars. It wasn't until this past fall that she started taking her cars and lining them up, moving them one by one down the hallway into the next room. You can imagine what it was like for me to see her performing the same exact car line up that I too did as a child. So, needless to say, I had to take out my camera and capture the moment that stands to be a mirror image of what I loved to do with my big brother. Ironically, I would line my cars up to wait in the "gas lines" to pump gas. I recall that being an issue from my childhood. Who knew so many years later gas would still be such a hot topic? It goes to show, history repeats itself!

No comments: