Thursday, January 31, 2008

Emma's Fall

As I sat here tonight realizing I have not posted anything in days, I thought it would be nice if I did. Although this vertigo is still coming and going, (hence the swirling slide show) I wanted to share about my day. After you read this you will hopefully make the connection to the two precious girls in the slide show who decided to copy me just the other day while cleaning the floor. I started a new endeavor today, organing people's houses. My first "client" allowed me to earn a nice chunk of change after organizing a very full and overflowing closet. After my 4 hours of hard earned pay, I picked Emma up from MMO. With a growling tummy and a sweetpea in tow, I stopped at a local sandwich shop to grab a bite to eat. As my precious baby girl was playing in the childsize kitchen, and smiling a big as can be, she fell forward and made a face plant right there on the concrete floor. I rushed to her only to find lots of blood coming out of her mouth. Being by myself, looking around for CAROL to no avail, I trotted(probably ran) to the bathroom to survey the damage. By that time blood was down her shirt and I was a bit afraid to take a peek. All the time thinking how grateful I am to have my friend Carol during times like these, then remembering "this one's all you Bev"! Couldn't do it! I couldn't look at her lip to see if her teeth went through. So...I asked the lady behind the counter to help. It wasn't the blood. It was my baby girl injured, bleeding, and crying that I could not handle. One minute she's all smiles, the next she's screaming. Needless to say, we did not end up in the ER-thank goodness. Emma's lip is mighty swollen, but will be alright. Moments prior to the big fall, Emma was sipping some of my sweet tea. A monkey see, monkey do occurred that made me think of the girls on their knees "cleaning" my kitchen floor. I asked for the tea before she guzzled it down and up came her pointer finger in the "wait a minute" position. I could not help but giggle a bit realizing she was doing exactly what Mommy does at times. So you can see how much of a let down the fall was when, minutes later my giggling and her smiling turned to panic and tears. I choose to focus on the sweet little girl who copies just about everything her Mommy does all the way to cleaning the kitchen floor. Falls happen, kids cry, and moms panic, but in the end the sweetness returns and the swollen lip smiles again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to talk to you today! I am so proud of your new endeavor with organizing! It will be great! I am so sorry about Emma's fall. I hope the swelling is down by morning. She is so sweet and I loved the pictures in the slide show!!!
Blessings,
Shay

Ladybug Hugs 4 U said...

LOL - When did you decided to do this? It so GREAT! So you :D
Ladybug hugs,
;D

Lisa~~ said...

Poor Emma, hope her lip is looking better soon. Good luck with the organizing biz.