Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Puerto Rico

After getting settled into a new school year, I feel like I finally have time to download some pics from our travels this summer. The girls and I flew to Puerto Rico as many of you know to visit with my brother, Keith, and sister-in-law, Nilsa. We loved spending time with them since we had not seen them in a while after their move from Jacksonville. It did take some adapting to a different environment, but overall we accomplished what we went to do. We visited with two very special people in my life and my girls' as well. Even though my brother now lives a good distance away, I still want my girls to know their Uncle Keith and Aunt Nilsa as well. I don't have a great big family, so I need to remain in contact with the little bit I have. It was great to see Shelby & Emma having fun with them. Shelby met a little girl named Brianna who spoke Spanish mainly. Although they could not verbally understand each other, they played and had fun. One evening it rained and the girls played in the raindrops and puddles. I am sure it was refreshing because it was incredibly hot. It just goes to show you how much we value our air conditioning in the States. We went to the beach with Nilsa and her daughter Marie and saw some beautiful views. I took Marie and Shelby kayaking across the calm water of the bay. That was an great experience. I loved it. But since we were in the kayak which ws in the water, I could not take a picture. I will post more slide shows of other days we spent in Puerto Rico. But for now, enjoy!

No comments: