Saturday, August 16, 2008


After suffering through my dental visit yesterday with 4 shots and some sensitivity medicine applied, all for a tiny cavity that the dentist said would be quick and easy to fill, I survived! I thought as I was positioned so akwardly in that chair that I could jump out within seconds to escape the pain that continued to shoot through my head when she drilled on that "tiny cavity". I actually began to cry and shake which led to me not being able to breath through my nose as I was attempting to make it through the experience. Today my cheek is very sore and it is difficult to open my mouth to eat. But I am thankful it is over. Now, I am a very good brusher/flosser so having been told I had a cavity was irritating to say the least. But, I am glad it was caught before I had to even attempt to make it through a root canal, which I have never had. Thank you Jesus! This story leads me to my daughter in a very funny way. As I sat there in pain I thought of her having to have a dosage of valume(sp?) to make it through her first filling. I suppose I am a future her, as she told me yesterday. Of course, she has no idea how her mommy cried in that chair. She was referring to our looks as she examined her face in the mirror. She then turned to me and said, Mommy you are a future me. (Great future scrapbook page!) It must be odd to look so much like another person that you can see how you may look as you get older. I am sure she will grow into her unique self, but for now I am honored that my daughter wants to be like her mommy, even if I cry in the dentist chair!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a very sweet story about Shelby! She is so precious to be thinking of such a thing. I am sorry the dentist was such a hard thing- I HATE to go to the dentist- I usually have to take a pill to relax before I go. Glad everything worked out!!!