Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to Emma!

Today we celebrate Emma's birthday. I tried diligently to download a pic of her today but had issues with my computer and camera. So I will try again after I buy a new cord tomorrow. Anyway, she loved when we sang to her at lunch after church. One would think she was a movie star with the love for attention. She beamed and smiled and never once showed an ounce of shyness. She later opened a couple of gifts from us and then wanted to play Memory Game. Shelby, our competive player, dominated and fussed when she was not finding matches. Emma, with a little help from us to learn how to play, made matches and giggled. Eventually Shelby started to "help" Emma find matches. It was funny to see how much Emma loved her matches b/c we tried to play again and she did not want to give her matches back. After bath tonight, Daddy & Mommy took the front part of her crib off to make it a daybed that she could get in and out of to go potty at night. We placed a Princess night light in her room as well. She was thrilled with the night light b/c it has princesses and got right up into her new bed to go to sleep. Shelby decided she needed to sleep on the floor next to Emma so she would not fall out and get hurt tonight. So sweet!! I love it when she loves Emma like that. Protector vs. Aggravator, I'd choose the first every time! Well, here comes Emma walking out of her room. Uh oh! What did we do? Tonight should prove to be very interesting. Hopefully I can get this computer in gear and download my Puerto Rico pics as well as some updated pics of the girls tomorrow. I'd also love to get some scrapbooking done. Computers! UGH! Busy week ahead, Emma's party is Tues. I promised I would take the girls to Chuck E Cheese and spend a gift card Emma won at church. I plan to take Shelby ice skating Wed for a Brownie patch. And, let's see, I know there's more. So hopefully I will fit in some me time to scrapbook and download. Talk soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to sweet Emma!!! Give her a hug for EK and let me know when we can get together! I miss you and am glad to have my computer back. Hope to talk to you soon!!!
Love shay