Friday, April 17, 2009

Sisters

As I was driving the other day, Emma tells me, "Mommy, Shelby is my sister. I love her." I almost cried. It just hit me so hard that she "knows". She actually understands, in her 3 year old way, what it means to love her as her sister. I thanked God right then that He has allowed Shelby and Emma to grow together as sisters. I never had the sisterly experience growing up with a brother. There is a different dynamic with a brother. He never wanted me to play with him and his friends but I would tag along anyways. I got on his nerves but I was always in his shadow b/c I thought he was so cool. I know there will be bumps along the road of sisterhood with my girls. But one day I pray that I look back and see a lifetime of bonding and love between two girls only God could have had the power to bring together. Emma loves her and she loves Emma. How awesome! Thank you Jesus! Thank you! Now that's a Mommy moment!

1 comment:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

That is a precious mommy moment! There is nothing like a sister- I tell my mom all that time thanks for giving me a sister. My girls are close too- EK talks about her 'sisters' all the time. That is a beautiful picture of your two girls!!! Have a super weekend!!!