Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Day

Whew! It has been a day. I began by dropping Emma off at her new school for the third day. It was her first time walking in alone and I sat and shared with Shelby how I felt watching her walk in when she was that age. It takes such bravery to do that all on your own, such independence, and such trust. My heart filled with joy and pride for my little girl going into that big world of school and braving the transition so wonderfully. Shelby and I got busy with school and had some bumps along the day. After a spat, I prayed God would help me know what to do with this situation we have found ourselves in and He did as always. I walked into her room and wrapped my arms around her, told her she was safe at home with me, and promised to do everything I could to make this work. She needs reassurance right now. She and I worked on learning the 10 commandments, kid's style, this morning as well as a weekly verse. We made headway with some Spanish, a leveled reader, and a new math concept. After she finished her independent work, we went to pick up our Emma. She got in the car and wanted to read her sight words to me. I have to say I am exhausted but just really wanted to share our day. So I end my post with pictures of a beautiful room my hardworking husband painted with me this weekend. In some of the pictures of the hallway and living room, you will see the old paint color which is fine but too light for me. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

So proud of you for all you are doing for your children right now. God will bless you SO big!!! It will be a great for Shelby for sure!!! LOVE your room!!! It is beautiful!!!

Helen said...

Where did you get the red table, and what does your comforter look like?
I forget.