Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Emma's 4th Birthday

We celebrated Emma turning four last Saturday with her Princess friends. We started the party with a special gift presentation from our new neighbors, Mr. Bob and Mrs. Cathy. They just love Emma and Emma just loves to examine Mrs. Cathy's jewelry each time she sees her. So they gave Emma her first locket. Mr. Bob presented her gift dressed in his tuxedo. It was the sweetest gift presentation I have seen. She was certainly the center of attention and loved the necklace. We then moved to Princess centers. The kids stamped cards, had their faces painted, nails painted, and made Princess Wands. After we ate some "P" Princess Food off of the "Puffett", we had cake. I branched out once again and made a castle cake for Emma. Last year I made her a ladybug cake but, unfortunately, never got a piture of it from a friend who took pics for me. So, I made sure I had my camera charged and I took several. After all of that hard work, you want a picture to remember it by. I learned my lesson. We then went on a gift scavenger hunt. We went in search of Cinderella's glass slipper and found gifts scattered throughout the house. Emma loved it but wondered where the slipper was since we never found it. I guess Cinderella left with it after all. We played some games and the little Princesses all left with a pink carnation in hand and the placemat I hand painted with each girl's name. It was a bunch of work, but it made for a great party with sweet memories. The best thing is, I don't have to ask anyone for the next 9 months for a picture of my daughter's birthday cake. If you are reading this and happen to feel compelled, just send that picture through e-mail. Just had to try one last time!!!! :)

No comments: